Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Ralph Stanley

  1. #11
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ralph Stanley

    I never said he did owe us anything. But he has done nothing for this area, and it is kind of pathetic.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

  2. #12
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ralph Stanley

    [ QUOTE ]
    . Also why would anyone want to go on vacation in Clintwood.




    [/ QUOTE ]

    Thats why the museum was a bad idea and shouldnt have ever happened.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

  3. #13
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ralph Stanley

    The museum is 100% on the people of Clintwood or shoud I say the town council of Clintwood. They saw a chance at making a profit and gaining some notoriety (sp) for the town by using Ralph. No different than Coebur with Jim & Jessee McReynolds, except we didn't get all crazy and build a high priced museum for noone to visit. IMO they were expecting to get people in there from his festival that he has every year. I don't know for a fact but from what I have seen this attracts more people to Coeburn and Norton than it would Clintwood, esp. Norton with hotel rooms, and Coeburn since you have to go through here to get to the festival.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member sic's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    549
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ralph Stanley

    You're probly right about Garth Brooks.....

    Ralph Stanley...I don't really see that one
    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    [img]http://www.darkphotography.net/Media/Bands/Cradle%20Of%20Filth/CradleLogo_Roll.jpg[/img]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member 7_32's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2002
    Posts
    242
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ralph Stanley

    He performed a sold out concert here in C-ville a few months back...guess a few people have heard of him.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ralph Stanley

    [ QUOTE ]
    You're probly right about Garth Brooks.....

    Ralph Stanley...I don't really see that one
    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

    [/ QUOTE ]
    I'm telling you, because he is from here and we don't really care for bluegrass most don't really know how big Ralph is outside this area.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •